Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Aecom Technology analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Aecom Technology SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Aecom Technology to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Aecom Technology is one of the leading brands in the real estate and construction sector.
The table below lists the Aecom Technology SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Aecom Technology competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Leader in engineering design among top 500 design firms worldwide
Aecom Technology STP
Transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government sectors North America, Asia pacific, Europe
Positioned as a company that continuously strives for excellence
SWOT Analysis of Aecom Technology
Aecom Technology Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Aecom Technology:
1. Robust market position - Robust market position equips the company with scale and resources providing sustainable competitive advantages over its peers
2. Diversified end markets and geographic presence – offers integrated professional, technical and management support services to diversified end markets including facilities; transportation; environmental; power, energy and mining
3. Broad service portfolio - transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government sectors. This reduces the business risks and provides cross selling opportunities to the company
4. The workforce includes over 45,000 employees
Aecom Technology Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Aecom Technology SWOT Analysis:
1. Higher debt and interest expense and high finance charge will also negatively impact the profitability and pricing power of the company
2. Limited global reach compared to global market leaders
Aecom Technology Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Aecom Technology SWOT Analysis:
1. Expansion in Asia through acquisitions – AECOM acquired KPK, a construction cost, contract, and project management consultancy firm with operations across Asia
2. New contracts and agreements ensures future revenues - the company won a contract to update the Jeddah Strategic Plan and prepare sub-regional, structural and local plans for the area
3. Acqusitions and tie-ups can boost the image and service portfolio
Aecom Technology Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Aecom Technology are as mentioned:
1. Dependence on long-term government contracts - AECOM derives substantial majority of its revenues from contracts with agencies and departments of national, state and local governments
2. Intense competition - some of AECOM’s key competitors include Bechtel Group, ABB, Louis Berger Group, Fluor Corporation, Skanska, and AMEC, among others
3. Risk from political, economic and military conditions in the Middle East, Africa and other regions
Aecom Technology Competition
Aecom Technology Competitors
Below are the top 6 competitors of Aecom Technology:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Aecom Technology. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute