Orascom Construction SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Orascom Construction analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Orascom Construction SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Orascom Construction to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Orascom Construction is one of the leading brands in the real estate and construction sector.
The article below lists the Orascom Construction SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Orascom Construction SWOT Analysis:
For Orascom Construction, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Orascom Construction Strengths
The strengths of Orascom Construction looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Orascom Construction :
1. Well diversified business presence – presence in fertilizers and construction industry diversifies the business and reduces risk
3. Good growth in EBITDA and net income growth over the years
4. It has its presence felt in over 25 countries
Orascom Construction Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Orascom Construction SWOT Analysis:
1. Litigations tarnish company’s image – a number of litigations have been filed against the company’s fertilizer and construction businesses, tarnishing the image of the company
2. Higher debt and interest expense - will negatively impact the profitability and pricing power of the company
Orascom Construction Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Orascom Construction SWOT Analysis:
1. Growing construction in the Asian region – the revenue contribution from Asia and Oceania region is substabtial
2. Growing emphasis of achieving energy efficiency in Europe - Energy efficiency is one of the key objectives that the European Unions’ (EU) Strategy plans to achieve.
3. Expansion into emerging economies can propel the company further
Orascom Construction Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Orascom Construction are as mentioned:
1. Growing debt burden of European nations
2. Rising cost of construction material - Prices of other types of steel such as hot rolled plate and cold rolled coil have increased
3. Unfavorable govt policies can cause operational inefficiency
Orascom Construction Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Orascom Construction:
1. Saudi Basic Industries Corporation
2. Bouygues SA
3. Saudi Binladin Group
Hence this concludes the Orascom Construction SWOT analysis.
Europe, the Middle East, North America, and North Africa
Industrial, commercial, water/sewage, transportation, telecommunications, maritime, tourism and railway projects
As a company committed to delivering quality work and products, safely and on schedule, and a company with an open mind ready to embrace new opportunities and driven to deliver exceptional value
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Orascom Construction. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute