Asahi Glass SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Asahi Glass, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Asahi Glass is one of the leading brands in the real estate and construction sector. The article below lists the Asahi Glass SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
For Asahi Glass, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Asahi Glass looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in starting SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Asahi Glass :
1. Asahi Glass was named one of Thomson Reuters Top 100 Global innovators
2. Positioned as one of the Safe Glass and High quality and innovative glasses
3. The company has over 50,000 employoees
4. Focus on Clean and Green energy speaks volumes
5. Its product portfolio includes Glass products, Ceramic products, Chemicals
6. Asahi India Glass Ltd. is jointly promoted by Asahi Glass Co, Maruti Suzuki & B. M Labroo & Associates
7. It has operations in USA, Mexico, India, Thailand and Europe
8. Strong advertising through TVCs, print and online media
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Asahi Glass SWOT Analysis:
1. AGC Flat Glass Europe was one of the four flat-glass manufacturers allegedly involved in price fixing scandal
2. Competition from various global players and economic restraints affects business
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Asahi Glass SWOT Analysis:
1. Large untapped market offers a huge potential
2.Automobile & real estate sector growing very fast, would help Glass sector to grow
3. Tie-ups with international players would help reach out to a global audience
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Asahi Glass are as mentioned:
1. Unfavorable govt policies for business growth in real estate
2. Competitors doing aggressive marketing, might impact AGC’s Market Share
3. Fluctuating dollar prices would affect the global business for the company
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 6 competitors of Asahi Glass:
1. Saint Gobain
2. Hind Nat Glass
4. HAI Advanced Material Specialists, Inc.
5. Tekna Plasma Systems Inc.
6. Piramal Glass
Hence this concludes the Asahi Glass SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Asahi Glass Overview|
Glass, Chemical & Construction Materials
Premium Quality Glasses
|Asahi Glass STP|
Glass and chemical products
Car manufacturers, real estate builders
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Asahi Glass. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us