Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Lafarge analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Lafarge SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Lafarge to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Lafarge is one of the leading brands in the real estate and construction sector.
The table below lists the Lafarge SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Lafarge competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
High Income groups, Tier I and Tier II builders, Premium Projects
Market Leader of cement, High Brand Equity
SWOT Analysis of Lafarge
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Lafarge:
1. One of the Market Leaders in cement industry worldwide 2. Operations in 50+ countries makes it one of the global leaders in construction and real estate 3. Strong supply chain makes its operations effective
4. Over 60,000 people are employed in the organization
5. The product portfolio includes Cement, Construction aggregates, asphalt production and concrete
6. Reshuffling in the top management has resulted in a more focused and strategic business approach
7. Consistently improving financial trends have boosted the business operations
8. The company has done major innovations and made landmark monuments across the world in also places like Greece, South Korea etc
Here are the weaknesses in the Lafarge SWOT Analysis:
1. Strong competition means limited market share growth
2. Instances of legal cases and alleged violations have sometimes hurt the brand name
Following are the Opportunities in Lafarge SWOT Analysis:
1. Acquisitions of smaller players would make them a stronger brand 2. Can target other competitor’s customer base
2. Strategic marketing and advertising would help increase brand recall and credibility further
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Lafarge are as mentioned:
1. Challenges in post merger operations can affect business 2. Strong competition in all operating countries
3. Increasing costs of operations, rising furls prices etc would all be a threat
Below are the top 5 competitors of Lafarge:
3. Heidelberg Cement
4. Eurocement Group
5. CRH plc
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Lafarge. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute