Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Saint-Gobain analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Saint-Gobain SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Saint-Gobain to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Saint-Gobain is one of the leading brands in the real estate and construction sector.
The article below lists the Saint-Gobain SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Saint-Gobain SWOT Analysis:
For Saint-Gobain, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Saint-Gobain looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Saint-Gobain :
1. Operations in Construction materials production and retail, glass, ceramics, plastics, abrasives, packaging, gypsum plasterboards 2. The company has over 180,000+ employees worldwide 3. High Brand Equity and strong presence across the world 4. It is a pioneer worldwide for Glass fabrics
5. Strong branding and marketing exercises make it a high brand recall product
6. High number of research centres, 3500+ researchers and annually more than 400 patents
7. The CSR activities are also spread across the world, as it takes major steps for the environment
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Saint-Gobain SWOT Analysis:
1. The brand is still establishing in the emerging economies 2. Being a market leader, its every operation in under public eye and scrutiny
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Saint-Gobain SWOT Analysis:
1. High growth rate of Real estate sector 2.Company can leverage operations across sectors for higher growth 3. Continuous Innovation and more research
4. Sponsorship, marketing, advertising can boost operations
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Saint-Gobain are as mentioned:
1. Strong Competition in all operating Sectors 2. Pricing wars might impact Saint Gobain’s Business
3. Fluctuating global economies can affect international business
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 6 competitors of Saint-Gobain:
1. Asahi India
2. Hind Nat Glass
4. HAI Advanced Material Specialists, Inc.
5. Tekna Plasma Systems Inc.
6. Piramal Glass
Hence this concludes the Saint-Gobain SWOT analysis.
Middle Class and Upper Class Customers, corporates and builders
Innovative Glass Technology
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Saint-Gobain. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute