NFL SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of NFL, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
NFL is one of the leading brands in the sports teams and events sector. The article below lists the NFL SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
For NFL, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of NFL looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in starting SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of NFL :
1. NFL is the highest American football league based out of USA
2. The Superbowl, which is the NFL’s championship game, is one of the most watched sporting event in the world
2. National Football League has a loyal and huge fan base in USA
3. The sporting event has a strong association with top companies and brands as their official sponsors & partners
4. National Football League is one of the most attended domestic sports league in the world, with an average attendance of more than 60,000 spectators per game
5. The sporting event has a huge brand legacy and popularity since it started in 1920
6. The annual revenue generated by NFL is more than $12 billion, making it one of the most popular sporting events
7. Leading broadcasters ensure live matches and live streaming of all matches, conferences, events etc.
8. The brand awareness is further created by merchandize, ticket sales, advertising, digital marketing and endorsement by leading players
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the NFL SWOT Analysis:
1. Does not have a global fan base as compared to some of the leading global sporting events
2. No proper association with broadcasters in Asia, as most NFL matches are not being telecast in Asia
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in NFL SWOT Analysis:
1. Tapping the global fan bases, especially the emerging economies, can help NFL grow globally
2. Lower the cost of tickets to attract a even bigger fan base in USA
3. The brand can use celebrities to spread more awareness about the football league
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of NFL are as mentioned:
1. Threats from the popularity of other American leagues like NBA and MLB
2. Threat from the emergence of soccer in USA can affect the National Football League
3. USA economic slow down or pandemics can reduce the revenues
Similar to NFL
Hence this concludes the NFL SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
NFL (National Football League)
American Football League
Considered to be the Highest level of American football in the world
All followers of American Football
American Men in the age group 15-60
Top professional American football league in the world
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to NFL. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us