Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: September 19, 2021
SWOT analysis of NFL analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In NFL SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like NFL to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. NFL is one of the leading brands in the sports teams and events sector.
The table below lists the NFL SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top NFL competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Considered to be the Highest level of American football in the world
All followers of American Football
American Men in the age group 15-60
Top professional American football league in the world
SWOT Analysis of NFL
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of NFL:
1. NFL is the highest American football league based out of USA
2. The Superbowl, which is the NFL’s championship game, is one of the most watched sporting event in the world
2. National Football League has a loyal and huge fan base in USA
3. The sporting event has a strong association with top companies and brands as their official sponsors & partners
4. National Football League is one of the most attended domestic sports league in the world, with an average attendance of more than 60,000 spectators per game
5. The sporting event has a huge brand legacy and popularity since it started in 1920
6. The annual revenue generated by NFL is more than $12 billion, making it one of the most popular sporting events
7. Leading broadcasters ensure live matches and live streaming of all matches, conferences, events etc.
8. The brand awareness is further created by merchandize, ticket sales, advertising, digital marketing and endorsement by leading players
Here are the weaknesses in the NFL SWOT Analysis:
1. Does not have a global fan base as compared to some of the leading global sporting events
2. No proper association with broadcasters in Asia, as most NFL matches are not being telecast in Asia
Following are the Opportunities in NFL SWOT Analysis:
1. Tapping the global fan bases, especially the emerging economies, can help NFL grow globally
2. Lower the cost of tickets to attract a even bigger fan base in USA
3. The brand can use celebrities to spread more awareness about the football league
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of NFL are as mentioned:
1. Threats from the popularity of other American leagues like NBA and MLB
2. Threat from the emergence of soccer in USA can affect the National Football League
3. USA economic slow down or pandemics can reduce the revenues
Below are the top 4 competitors of NFL:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to NFL. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute