QTel SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of QTel, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like QTel to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. QTel is one of the leading brands in the telecom service providers sector.
The article below lists the QTel SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the QTel SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For QTel, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of QTel looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of QTel :
1. Global Footprint helping to have diversified presence
2. Diverse Customer and Service Base helping it to have strong returns
3. Expanding Operating Margin helping the company to yield consistent returns
4. Strong Liquidity helping the company to tide over global economic crisis
5. One of the largest public sector companies in Qatar with over 2000 employees
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the QTel SWOT Analysis:
1. State Owned Company which often leads to political interventions
2. Limited global reach and over-dependence on the Qatar marke, which eventually will saturate
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in QTel SWOT Analysis:
1. Awards and Recognitions which has been consistently helping the company to help the brand
2. Escalating Telecom Market in Qatar which helps the company to have constant home bred revenues
3. Growth in Telecommunications Services helping to have constant growth predictions
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of QTel are as mentioned:
1. Competitive pricing pressures
2. Rapid Technological Changes needing constant capital deployment
3. Global Economic Slowdown impacting revenues
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of QTel:
2.Saudi Telecom Company
Hence this concludes the QTel SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Mobile Service Provider
Qtel (short for Qatar Telecom) used to be the exclusive telecommunications provider in Qatar and is one of the largest public companies in Qatar
International and domestic telecommunication services to business and residential customers.
Corporates and individuals, wireless services and wire-line services
Qtel became the first company in Qatar to reach internet trial speeds of 100 megabits per second.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to QTel. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us