Tele2 SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Tele2, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Tele2 is one of the leading brands in the telecom service providers sector. The article below lists the Tele2 SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Tele2 looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Tele2 :
1. Strong Customer Base of over 35 million in its base markets
2. Wide Geographical Presence across Sweden, Russia, Norway, & the Baltic States
3. Expanding Operating Margin thanks to the company’s focused strategies
4. Swedish Market Operation which has been a strong point for the company
5. Diversified Business Operations across the telecommunication domain
6. Good advertising and branding
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Tele2 SWOT Analysis:
1. Operations in UK and Italy were criticized which affected brand image
2. Market Share growth static in core sector
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Tele2 SWOT Analysis:
1. Increasing Demand for 3G services
2. Predicted Growth in Telecommunications Services
3. Operations in Russia helping to win over wider customer base
4. Strategic Acquisitions helping to widen reach
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Tele2 are as mentioned:
1. Global Economic Slowdown impacting revenues
2. Availability of Frequencies and Telecom Licenses across the new markets
3. Highly Competitive Environment causing pricing pressures
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the Tele2 SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Comviq, Kabelvision, and Tele2
Mobile Service Provider
Why Pay More?
Tele2 AB is a major European telecommunications operator
The company provides fixed telephony and broadband, mobile services, data network services, content and cable TV services.
Tele2 provides services to both individuals and corporate customers and offers broadband services and mobile services.
One of the biggest operators in Nordic region, Tele2 provides 2G and 3G services across the region, realigning its geographic footprint towards Eastern Europe and the Nordic region focusing on own infrastructure based operations which provide higher growth options and possibly better margins.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Tele2. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us