Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Princess Cruises analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Princess Cruises SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Princess Cruises to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Princess Cruises is one of the leading brands in the tourism and hospitality sector.
The table below lists the Princess Cruises SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Princess Cruises competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Best hospitality, cuisine and entertainment in the world
SWOT Analysis of Princess Cruises
Princess Cruises Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Princess Cruises:
1. Third largest cruise line in the world
2. Carries 1.7 million guests each year to destinations across the globe
3. 18 ship fleet offers a range of sizes and amenities
4. Destinations include lot of countries and destinations like the Caribbean, Europe, South America, Australia etc,
5. It allows guests to visit many countries in a single vacation
6. It has high customer satisfaction
7. Excellent brand recognition due to very strong parent brand
Princess Cruises Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Princess Cruises SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense competition 2. Very less service differentiation 3. Accidental cases have affected the business in the past
Princess Cruises Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Princess Cruises SWOT Analysis:
1. Rising demand of cruise services across the world 2. Low penetration in Asia 3. Joint venture with small players to increase market share
Princess Cruises Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Princess Cruises are as mentioned:
1. Change in tax regulation could hurt parent brand carnival Corporation 2. New environmental regulations could reduce company’s profits 3. Accidents could affect business and brand image
Princess Cruises Competition
Princess Cruises Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Princess Cruises:
1. Star Cruise Line 2. Royal Caribbean Cruise Line 3. MSC Cruise
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Princess Cruises. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute