Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Cedar Point analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Cedar Point SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Cedar Point to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Cedar Point is one of the leading brands in the tourism and hospitality sector.
The table below lists the Cedar Point SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Cedar Point competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Cedar Point SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning, USP & Brand Analysis Table
Roller Coaster Capital of the World, Thrills Connect, America’s Roller Coaster
It is the best amusement parks for Roller-Coaster Rides
Cedar Point STP
Young local population and tourists from all over the world
Young tourists and families who enjoy thrilling rides
An amusement park that offers the best roller coaster experience in the world
SWOT Analysis of Cedar Point
Cedar Point Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Cedar Point:
1. It is the second oldest operating amusement park in the USA 2. The only amusement park across the globe with four roller coasters taller than 200 feet 3. “Best Amusement Park in the World” for fourteen consecutive years 4. In spite of being popular for its thrill rides, it also offers family rides, thus broadening its customer base 5. Good advertising and branding across US
Cedar Point Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Cedar Point SWOT Analysis:
1. In spite of being the best amusement park for roller-coasters in the world, it does not have a strong brand presence outside USA. 2. Being an amusement, the tourism is seasonal , heavily depending on children vacations
Cedar Point Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Cedar Point SWOT Analysis:
1. It can increase its visitor base by adding innovative thrill rides 2. It can leverage on the fact that it is the best amusement park for thrill rides in the world and can market itself accordingly 3.By adding new attractions in its Family Rides, Water Rides and Children’s Rides section it can try to attract more visitors
Cedar Point Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Cedar Point are as mentioned:
1. There are many amusement parks and theme parks in the USA that offer more than just rides. 2. There are many amusement parks with a much stronger international brand presence in USA 3.Many amusement parks around the world are coming up with excellent roller-coaster rides; this would pose a competition to Cedar Point.
Cedar Point Competition
Cedar Point Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Cedar Point:
1. King’s Island, Ohio, USA 2. Six Flags, Georgia, USA 3. Busch Gardens
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Cedar Point. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute