Cedar Point SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Cedar Point, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Cedar Point is one of the leading brands in the tourism and hospitality sector. The article below lists the Cedar Point SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Cedar Point looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Cedar Point :
1. It is the second oldest operating amusement park in the USA
2. The only amusement park across the globe with four roller coasters taller than 200 feet
3. “Best Amusement Park in the World” for fourteen consecutive years
4. In spite of being popular for its thrill rides, it also offers family rides, thus broadening its customer base
5. Good advertising and branding across US
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Cedar Point SWOT Analysis:
1. In spite of being the best amusement park for roller-coasters in the world, it does not have a strong brand presence outside USA.
2. Being an amusement, the tourism is seasonal , heavily depending on children vacations
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Cedar Point SWOT Analysis:
1. It can increase its visitor base by adding innovative thrill rides
2. It can leverage on the fact that it is the best amusement park for thrill rides in the world and can market itself accordingly
3.By adding new attractions in its Family Rides, Water Rides and Children’s Rides section it can try to attract more visitors
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Cedar Point are as mentioned:
1. There are many amusement parks and theme parks in the USA that offer more than just rides.
2. There are many amusement parks with a much stronger international brand presence in USA
3.Many amusement parks around the world are coming up with excellent roller-coaster rides; this would pose a competition to Cedar Point.
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the Cedar Point SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
About Cedar Point
|Cedar Point Overview|
Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
Amusement Park/Theme Park
Roller Coaster Capital of the World, Thrills Connect, America’s Roller Coaster
It is the best amusement parks for Roller-Coaster Rides
|Cedar Point STP|
Young local population and tourists from all over the world
Young tourists and families who enjoy thrilling rides
An amusement park that offers the best roller coaster experience in the world
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Cedar Point. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us