Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Hershey Park analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Hershey Park SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Hershey Park to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Hershey Park is one of the leading brands in the tourism and hospitality sector.
The table below lists the Hershey Park SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Hershey Park competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Offers a good mix of thrill rides, water rides, children’s rides as well as other attractions
Hershey Park STP
Local young population and families
Primary: Families living in and around Pennsylvania; Secondary: Families living in the rest of the USA; Tertiary: Families visiting from abroad
An amusement park that provides entertainment options to the entire family
SWOT Analysis of Hershey Park
Hershey Park Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Hershey Park:
1. The parent brand has a very strong brand presence in the chocolate industry. 2. It has a variety of offerings including thrill rides, water rides and children’s rides that would appeal to all age groups. 3. The park has won several awards including the IAAPA Applause Awards. 4. It has as many as 67 fully functional rides, including 11 roller-coasters and welcomes upto 20 lakh visitors per annum.
Hershey Park Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Hershey Park SWOT Analysis:
1. The brand is not as strong as some of the other names in the amusement parks category in the USA. 2. It does not have a very strong brand presence outside USA. 3. Seasonal variations affect operating profits
Hershey Park Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Hershey Park SWOT Analysis:
1. It can leverage on the popularity of the parent brand in the chocolate industry. 2. Through effective marketing, it can try and attract more international tourists. 3.It has a unique offering in the form of Hershey’s Chocolate World, which has the potential to attract visitors on its own.
Hershey Park Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Hershey Park are as mentioned:
1. If there are no innovative offerings, there is no incentive for second time visit. 2. There are many strong competitors in and around Pennsylvania and the rest of the USA. 3.The competitors have a greater variety of offerings other than just amusement rides.
Hershey Park Competition
Hershey Park Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Hershey Park:
1. Disneyland, USA 2. Six Flags, USA 3.Kennywood Park, USA
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Hershey Park. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute