Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: August 21, 2021
SWOT analysis of Disneyland analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Disneyland SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Disneyland to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Disneyland is one of the leading brands in the tourism and hospitality sector.
The article below lists the Disneyland SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Disneyland SWOT Analysis:
For Disneyland, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Disneyland looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Disneyland :
1. Disneyland is one of the world's largest theme parks in the world
2. Disneyland is the world’s most popular brand in the category of amusement parks
3. The theme parks annually host more than 150 million guests
4. Disneyland has a very wide range of offerings suitable for all age groups and personality types
5. Globally, more than 100,000 people are employed with Disney Parks
6. The theme parks have a very high brand recall
7. Strong brand equity, visibility, and strong brand backing of Walt Disney
8. Disneyland & resorts are present in USA, Tokyo, Paris, Hong Kong & Shanghai
9. The theme parks & resorts focus on providing a "magical experience" to its guests with its hospitality
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Disneyland SWOT Analysis:
1. Maintaining its operations & brand image requires huge investments for the company
2. A few rare incidents or accidents over the years have been problematic
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Disneyland SWOT Analysis:
1. Growing global travel and increasing tourism industry offers excellent prospects to attract international customers
2. A huge opportunity exists in the company’s ability to build innovative new attractions that bring the imaginary world to life
3. The company’s ability to leverage on the huge popularity of the brand also offers an excellent opportunity
4. Special offerings to tap tourists specially from the emerging economies
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Disneyland are as mentioned:
1. Increasing competition can impact the business of Disneyland
2. The various theme parks opening throughout the world have the potential to steal away visitors
3. Loss of tourism due to financial recessions or pandemics can impact the business
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Disneyland:
Where Dreams Come True; The Happiest Place on Earth
The first amusement park made for both adults and children
Local as well as international tourists
High income group families
Amusement Park for children as well as adults
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Disneyland. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute