Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Maharashtra Tourism analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Maharashtra Tourism SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Maharashtra Tourism to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Maharashtra Tourism is one of the leading brands in the tourism and hospitality sector.
The table below lists the Maharashtra Tourism SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Maharashtra Tourism competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
The campaign tries to change the image of Maharashtra from a commercial state to a tourist state
Maharashtra Tourism STP
Domestic and international tourists
Families from neighbouring states of Maharashtra and from other parts of India and tourists from abroad
Maharashtra is positioned as a state that offers a great variety of options to tourists
SWOT Analysis of Maharashtra Tourism
Maharashtra Tourism Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Maharashtra Tourism:
1. The campaign tries to bring out the variety that Maharashtra offers as a tourist place. 2. The state is financially strong and hence has a robust tourism promotion budget. 3. The campaign has managed to create a good visual impact. 4. The campaign has managed to create awareness about Maharashtra as a tourist state.
Maharashtra Tourism Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Maharashtra Tourism SWOT Analysis:
1. The campaign lacks in terms of visibility as compared to some of the other state tourism campaigns 2.The campaign does not have a very strong tagline and visibility which affects its brand recall
Maharashtra Tourism Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Maharashtra Tourism SWOT Analysis:
1. Maharashtra happens to be the fourth most visited state by domestic tourists and the most visited state by international tourists in India which the campaign can leverage upon. 2.The campaign can make use of the social media space for better visibility.
3. Maharashtra offers a good mix of tourist attractions including beaches, forts, hill stations etc. which the campaign can take advantage of.
Maharashtra Tourism Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Maharashtra Tourism are as mentioned:
1. Some of the other states in India have much stronger campaigns. 2.As Maharashtra is one of the most commercially driven states of India, any fluctuations in the economy affect its tourism prospects. 3.As Maharashtra is traditionally not a tourist state it lacks in the area of tourism infrastructure.
Maharashtra Tourism Competition
Maharashtra Tourism Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Maharashtra Tourism:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Maharashtra Tourism. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute