Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of SMRT Corporation analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SMRT Corporation SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like SMRT Corporation to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. SMRT Corporation is one of the leading brands in the transport and logistics sector.
The article below lists the SMRT Corporation SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the SMRT Corporation SWOT Analysis:
For SMRT Corporation, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
SMRT Corporation Strengths
The strengths of SMRT Corporation looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of SMRT Corporation :
1. High Product Diversity – Bus, Train and Taxi services 2. High Product Quality 3. Modular transportation growth approach to offer better connectivity for future 4. Safe and secure. Least number of fatalities over the 10 year moving average.
5. Over 7000 people are employed with the organization
SMRT Corporation Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the SMRT Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. Centralized only in Singapore for revenues 2. Lower train operating profit due to higher R & M costs and staff related expenses, partially offset by higher revenue.
SMRT Corporation Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in SMRT Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. Increased Ridership trend 2. Expansion of RTS Network 3. Growth in industry due to tourism boom
4. The company can tie-up with international players for global exposure
SMRT Corporation Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of SMRT Corporation are as mentioned:
1. LTA as central bus network planner
2. There is limited land space for expansion with increasing travel demand. 3. Rise in number of vehicles
SMRT Corporation Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of SMRT Corporation:
1. Comfortdelgro 2. Bedok Transport Pte Ltd 3. Prestige – Multi model transportation services
Hence this concludes the SMRT Corporation SWOT analysis.
Affordable and efficient intra-city transport service
SMRT Corporation STP
Rapid Mass Transport systems
All classes of people needing to move from point A to point B in their daily commute
Hassle free transport service connecting the whole city of Singapore
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to SMRT Corporation. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute