ComfortDelGro SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of ComfortDelGro, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like ComfortDelGro to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. ComfortDelGro is one of the leading brands in the transport and logistics sector.
The article below lists the ComfortDelGro SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the ComfortDelGro SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For ComfortDelGro, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of ComfortDelGro looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of ComfortDelGro :
1. Existing distribution and sales networks
2. High growth rate due to increasing commuter base with strong YOY growth in commuters
3. Expansion into new sectors such as monorails and high speed tram services.
4. Market leader in Singapore in public transit systems
5. More than 20,000 people are employed with the brand
6. It has global presence in over 7 countries with more than a fleet size of 40,000+
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the ComfortDelGro SWOT Analysis:
1. Competitive market with several taxi/bus operators plying and ferrying visitors
2. Relatively unknown brand compared to competitors with established brands
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in ComfortDelGro SWOT Analysis:
1. New acquisitions of local brands possible to increase market share and customer base
2. Growing demand for transportation with increase in tourism and local working population
3. Income level is at a constant increase
4. High growth rates can translate into profitability if costs are taken care of.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of ComfortDelGro are as mentioned:
1. Growing competition among travel services in Singapore
2. Increasing growth of private vehicles as a status symbol
3. Fuel costs and low profit margins
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of ComfortDelGro:
1. DB Schenker Croatia
2. AZ Logistic
3. Prestige – Multi Model Transportation Services
Hence this concludes the ComfortDelGro SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
ComfortDelGro Corporation Limited
Singapore’s biggest public transport provider
Local public transportation
All classes of people needing to move from point A to point B in their daily commute
Hassle free transport service connecting the whole city of Singapore
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to ComfortDelGro. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us