United Parcel Service (UPS) SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of United Parcel Service (UPS), the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
United Parcel Service (UPS) is one of the leading brands in the transport and logistics sector. The article below lists the United Parcel Service (UPS) SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of United Parcel Service (UPS) looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of United Parcel Service (UPS) :
1. United Parcel Service, known as UPS, is one of the world's largest supply chain, logistics, shipping & delivery company
2. UPS offers courier services via shipping, ground services and airway shipping
3. The company has a strong legacy in this sector since its inception in 1907
4. UPS has an annual revenue of around $80 billion
5. The company has more than 400,000 employees worldwide
6. United Parcel Services has invested in clean energy services like electric cars & vans
7. The company's fleet of transport includes cars, vans, trucks, bicycles, planes, drones etc.
8. United Parcel Service uses TV commercials, online ads, digital marketing, social media etc. to spread awareness
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the United Parcel Service (UPS) SWOT Analysis:
1. Since UPS is present globally, it is vulnerable to lawsuits & policies of that country
2. Market share growth is limited due to intense competition
Read more about United Parcel Service (UPS)
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in United Parcel Service (UPS) SWOT Analysis:
1. Build a more comprehensive domestic network in all countries they are present in
2. UPS can grow via mergers and acquisitions of smaller companies
3. Tie-up with ecommerce startups & enterprises to increase their business
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of United Parcel Service (UPS) are as mentioned:
1. Economic recession, higher fuel prices & changing global policies could impact the profit of United Parcel Services
2. Varying market demand can lead to seasonality or loss in business
3. Increasing reach of major competitors can affect business margins
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the United Parcel Service (UPS) SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
About United Parcel Service (UPS)
|United Parcel Service (UPS) Overview|
United Parcel Service
Courier & Transportation Services
What Can Brown Do For You?; Worldwide Delivery Service; We run the tightest ship in the shipping business
Use of Continuous Descent Approach (CDA) to save fuel
|United Parcel Service (UPS) STP|
Business/companies that want to ship export packages nationally
Shipping envelopes and packages; anyone around the world who wants to ship an envelope or package
World’s most admired mail, package & freight delivery company
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to United Parcel Service (UPS). This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us