Canadian National SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Canadian National analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Canadian National SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Canadian National to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Canadian National is one of the leading brands in the transport and logistics sector.
The table below lists the Canadian National SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Canadian National competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Canadian National SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning, USP & Brand Analysis Table
Business which requires transportation and logistics services
Transportation services for coal, forest products, petroleum and chemicals, and grain and fertilizers
Canada's leading railroad and one of the largest in North America
SWOT Analysis of Canadian National
Canadian National Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Canadian National:
1. Largest railway in Canada, in terms of revenue and physical size of its rail network 2. 22000 employees and approximately 20,000+ miles of track network 3. Diversified and balanced portfolio of goods 4. Serves close to three fourth of the U.S. population and all major Canadian markets
5. Strong brand reputation in the industry
Canadian National Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Canadian National SWOT Analysis:
1. Overdependence on Canadian market 2. Decreasing gross profit margins 3. Low scale of international operations compared to its peers
Canadian National Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Canadian National SWOT Analysis:
1. Strategic acquisitions to increase market share 2. Growth in global fertilizers and agricultural chemical s sector 3. Increasing demand of coal in US
Canadian National Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Canadian National are as mentioned:
1. Slowdown in US economy 2. Intense competition 3. Regulatory conditions
Canadian National Competition
Canadian National Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Canadian National:
1. Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd. 2. CSX 3. BNSF
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Canadian National. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute