Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Maersk analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Maersk SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Maersk to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Maersk is one of the leading brands in the transport and logistics sector.
The table below lists the Maersk SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Maersk competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
The largest container ship operator and supply vessel operator in the world
Business which requires logistics and transportation services
Businesses which requires shipping services
World’s largest shipping company
SWOT Analysis of Maersk
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Maersk:
1. The largest container ship operator and supply vessel operator in the world 2. Operates in 130 countries and have a workforce of over 100,000 employees 3. Apart from shipping, company engages in energy, transportation, offshore, retail, and manufacturing businesses
4. Strong global brand name and reputation as a top industry player
Here are the weaknesses in the Maersk SWOT Analysis:
1. Relatively low visibility in road and air transportation 2. Fluctuating profit margins is a concern
Following are the Opportunities in Maersk SWOT Analysis:
1. Expand customer base geographically or through new services 2. Strategic alliances and joint ventures 3. Available technological innovations
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Maersk are as mentioned:
1. Economic slowdown 2. Changes in regulations of various countries 3. Rising cost of business
Below are the top 3 competitors of Maersk:
1. Mediterranean Shipping Company 2. CMA CGM 3. China Ocean Shipping Company
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Maersk. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute