Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Hanjin Shipping analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Hanjin Shipping SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Hanjin Shipping to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Hanjin Shipping is one of the leading brands in the transport and logistics sector.
The table below lists the Hanjin Shipping SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Hanjin Shipping competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Korea's largest and one of the world’s top ten container carriers
Hanjin Shipping STP
Business which requires transportation and logistics services
Businesses which require services like container shipping, bulk carriers, both for dry cargo(coal, grain, and iron ore) and for liquid cargo (crude oil and petroleum products, and LNG)
With integrated global network we provide more complete logistics service
SWOT Analysis of Hanjin Shipping
Hanjin Shipping Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Hanjin Shipping:
1. Comprehensive global business network with 4 regional headquarters, 200 overseas branch offices, and 30 local corporations 2. Fleet consists of some 200 containerships, bulk and LNG carriers transporting over 100 million tons of cargo annually 3. 6,000 employees in 60 different countries 4. Synergy effect among group businesses, including 3PL, ship management, ship repair, logistics IT and terminal operations
Hanjin Shipping Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Hanjin Shipping SWOT Analysis:
1. Decreasing profitability over the years and Increasing debt burden is a concern
2. Limited global tie-ups and associations
Hanjin Shipping Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Hanjin Shipping SWOT Analysis:
1. Optimize shipping routes and step up expansion in emerging markets 2. Expand customer base geographically or through new services 3. Strategic alliances and joint ventures
Hanjin Shipping Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Hanjin Shipping are as mentioned:
1. Economic slowdown 2. Changes in regulations of various countries 3. Intense competition to gain market share
Hanjin Shipping Competition
Hanjin Shipping Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Hanjin Shipping:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Hanjin Shipping. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute