Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Vopak analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Vopak SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Vopak to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Vopak is one of the leading brands in the transport and logistics sector.
The table below lists the Vopak SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Vopak competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Businesses which require storage and handling facilities
Businesses which require storage and handling services for liquid oil products, chemicals, vegetable oils and liquefied gases
World's largest independent tank storage provider
SWOT Analysis of Vopak
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Vopak:
1. Good financial performance based on a strong market position 2. Operates 83 terminals with a combined storage capacity of more than 30 million cubic meters in 31 countries with 5900 employees 3. Strategically located terminals along the major shipping routes 4. 400 years of experience in storage and transshipment
5. Strong financial position and good brand reputation
Here are the weaknesses in the Vopak SWOT Analysis:
1. Liquidity risk because of high interest bearing debt 2. Occurrences of incidents like oil spill, fire and smoldering is a concern 3. Increasing cost of operations
Following are the Opportunities in Vopak SWOT Analysis:
1. Strategic partnerships and acquisitions to realize targeted growth 2. Effective use of technology to ensure safety in operations 3. Expanding the service lines by could help them raise sales
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Vopak are as mentioned:
1. Financial risk because of European crisis 2. Legal and environmental regulations 3. Fluctuating interest rates
Below are the top 3 competitors of Vopak:
1. Alexander & Baldwin, Inc. 2. Brammer plc 3. Chemoil Energy Limited
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Vopak. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute