Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: August 25, 2021
What is Sales Presentation?
Sales presentation is the concerned talk which attempts to persuade a stakeholder or a customer to initiate and close a sale of the service or product through a showcase of capabilities, features, price etc. Sales presentation is usually designed to be either an introduction of a service or product to some particular audience who generally knows nothing about it, or a descriptive expansion of a service or product which that particular audience has expressed interest in it, already.
Advance planning can make all the difference for a sales presentation. The sales presentation should be in line with the needs of the clients and for that, it is very important to know who the audience is before making the sales presentation.
Importance of Sales Presentation
Sales presentations are mostly the first step in the selling process or the sales cycle, hence become extremely important. A successful sales presentation is followed by a proposal, quote or an order stage which leads to revenue and profit for a business.
Not all sales presentations are meant to make an immediate sale. The objective might be to create interest in the involved parties. Establishing the overall message that one wants the presentation to get across is very crucial. The structure and time consumed for presentation is also very important.
It is always advisable to make the sales presentation flexible in case a particular point doesn’t work out or one runs out of time. The sales presentations are meant to be interactive and not one way delivery. For people with lower attention span, it is important for the sales presentation to be effective to grab and retain their interest. For that, the sales presentation need to be catchy in the beginning only.
10 Steps to make a good Sales Presentation
1. Keep the sales presentation to the point.
2. Start well with the agenda
3. Good Sales Presentation clearly defines the problem statement or the customer's ask
4. Give the solution and recommendations after defining the problem statement
5. A well made sales presentation is not open ended but talks about the plan with timelines and value
6. Provide key contacts for future
7. Make sure that business, technology and management teams in your target audience understand the offering
8. Provide past references and similar work which was done in form of case studies
9. Showcase your capabilities in the sales presentation
10. Make sure you have understood the storyline well and practice well before the presentation
Hence, this concludes the definition of Sales Presentation along with its overview.
This article has been researched & authored by the Business Concepts Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse the definition and meaning of more similar terms. The Management Dictionary covers over 2000 business concepts from 5 categories.