SWOT Analysis of Dollar Tree with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Dollar Tree, Inc.
Lifestyle and Retail
Sells every item for $1.00 or less
People seeking afforadable items
Middle class households
An American chain of discount variety stores offering discounted prices
1. Operates 4,400 stores throughout the U.S and in Canada 2. A Fortune 500 company 3. More than 55,000 employees 4. Dollar Tree stocks a variety of products including national, regional, and private-label brands
5. The company also operates a multi price-point variety chain under the name Deal$
6.Operates in Party Supplies, Food and Snacks, Health and Beauty Care Products, Seasonal, Housewares, Toys
7. The company began accepting manufacturer's coupons at all of its store locations in order to provide increased savings and value to its customers
1.Turnover is very low and Margins are very less 2. Despite strong presence in Americas, it lacks global penetration
3. Case of recalled products affected image
1. Tapping the international market specially emerging economies
2. Acquisition of smaller retail chains
3. More visibility through advertising and customer focused services
1.Increased threat of private labels 2.Slow year on year growth 3.High crude oil prices impacting raw material
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Dollar Tree. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.