Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Vistara analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Vistara SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Vistara to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Vistara is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The article below lists the Vistara SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Vistara SWOT Analysis:
For Vistara, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Vistara looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Vistara :
1. Strong lineage with TATA and Singapore Airlines as the parent entities.
2. Rising fast in the aviation sector with good frequency
3. Vistara is offering daily flights in new sectors like Mumbai-Amritsar, Delhi-Leh etc
4. Vistara provides great in-flight experience even in Economy class with food as part of normal ticket
5. It has a frequent flyer program also called CV (Club Vistara)
6. Excellent advertising and branding exercise has enhanced its presence in the Indian airline industry
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Vistara SWOT Analysis:
1. Vistara's brand awareness is still less even after launch in 2015
2. Market Share is limited due to high competition in the sector
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Vistara SWOT Analysis:
1. Vistara can tap international market with flights to nearby hubs like Singapore and other south asian countries
2. Vistara can offer more in its in-flight experience for customers to generate more marketing pull.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Vistara are as mentioned:
1. Indian aviation sector is too price sensitive.
2. External factors like taxes in the aviation sector can cause issues for new brands like Vistara
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of Vistara:
Vistara offers affordable and Comfortable Flights with focus on in-flight experience
People looking for flights to travel
Corporate/Executive/Families (Upper Class and Middle Class)
Vistara offers great In-flight Experience with affordable prices and reliability of the brand of Tata
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Vistara. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute