Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Go Air analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Go Air SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Go Air to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Go Air is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The article below lists the Go Air SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Go Air SWOT Analysis:
For Go Air, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Go Air Strengths
The strengths of Go Air looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Go Air :
1. Strong backing by the Promoters 2. LCC segment is ever growing in India
3. Has nearly 1000 flights per week
4. Covers all the major Indian cities
5. Good branding and marketing in India
Go Air Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Go Air SWOT Analysis:
1. Market share is very less as compared to leading players
2. It has entered into the Indian market later than competition and also has lesser destinations
Go Air Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Go Air SWOT Analysis:
1. Middle Class taking to the skies
2. More destinations for the customers to choose from
3. Global operations can also be a value addition
Go Air Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Go Air are as mentioned:
1. Plenty of new LCCs to compete with who already have taken the lead 2. Rising Labour costs 3. Rising Fuel Costs