Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Indigo Airlines analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Indigo Airlines SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Indigo Airlines to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Indigo Airlines is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The article below lists the Indigo Airlines SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Indigo Airlines SWOT Analysis:
For Indigo Airlines, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Indigo Airlines Strengths
The strengths of Indigo Airlines looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Indigo Airlines :
1. Indigo Airlines has strong backing promoters and is one of the largest low cost carriers in India 2. Only LCC to make consistent profits
3. Indigo Airlines has one of the major airlines in India in terms of market share
4. Indigo Airlines has entered international markets has boosted its brand value
5. Good advertising and marketing strategies have increased its brand recall
6. Excellent offerings and on-board services provided by Indigo Airlines
7. More than 10000+ employees are with Indigo serving more than 40 million passengers
Indigo Airlines Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Indigo Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. Indigo airlines has limited market share growth due to intense competition
2. Still has to establish itself on international destinations
Indigo Airlines Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Indigo Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. Opening up of International routes can boost business of Indigo 2. Largest market share among LCCs in Indian Market 3. Middle class taking to the skies can be a huge opportunity for Indigo airlines
Indigo Airlines Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Indigo Airlines are as mentioned:
1. Plenty of new LCCs to compete with for Indigo airlines 2. Rising Labour costs and changing govt policies 3. Rising Fuel Costs can affect business margins for Indigo
Indigo Airlines Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of Indigo Airlines:
Indigo Airlines gives on time performance at the lowest prices
Indigo Airlines STP
Cost Conscious Passengers
Lower Middle Class / Middle Class
Indigo Airlines is a low cost no frills airlines connecting India
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Indigo Airlines. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute