Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Air Berlin analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Air Berlin SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Air Berlin to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Air Berlin is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The table below lists the Air Berlin SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Air Berlin competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Air Berlin SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning, USP & Brand Analysis Table
Germany's Second largest airline in terms of passengers carried
Air Berlin STP
Middle Class/ Business Class
Passengers looking for comfort at low price
Low cost carrier providing quality travel
SWOT Analysis of Air Berlin
Air Berlin Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Air Berlin:
1. Air Berlin has its own pilot training program and was the first German flying school to receive training approval from the German Aviation Authority 2. It has a unique positioning in the market between LCC and traditional carriers which is difficult to emulate and capture 3. Very user friendly website as compared to other Air lines 4. Recipient of Business Travel Award and Best low cost airline award in 2010 and hence a very strong brand image
5. Carried over 33 million passengers annually, connecting Europe, S.E. Asia, Americas and Carribean
Air Berlin Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Air Berlin SWOT Analysis:
1. Advertising and PR activities are a low-key affair at Air Berlin compared to market leaders 2. With increasing expectations of travelers it will be difficult to provide the services at low cost
Air Berlin Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Air Berlin SWOT Analysis:
1. Acquisition of LTU ensures a smooth entry into long-haul market, LTU offers 23 routes to North America, Africa and Asia 2. Flight School of Air Berlin can be an additional and important source of income 3. Leverage on the fact that company operates one of the industry's youngest fleet (average age was 4.5 years)
Air Berlin Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Air Berlin are as mentioned:
1. Promotion of new routes earned through M&A could affect the demand of existing routes 2. Direct competition based on fares by other players on all its major routes 3. In Eastern Europe regions competition might increasing due to alternate modes of transport being available at lower fares
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Air Berlin. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute