Asiana Airlines SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Asiana Airlines, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Asiana Airlines is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector. The article below lists the Asiana Airlines SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Asiana Airlines looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Asiana Airlines :
1. Recipient of Airline of the Year award at world Airline Awards
2. Apart from serving destinations on 4 continents, it serves major cities in China, Japan, Southeast and Central Asia thus having a strong hold in these regions
3. Its single type fleet reduces its maintenance fee
4. Good presence as a low cost carrier
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Asiana Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. Lacks its own maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facility, which serves as its competitive disadvantage.
2. Government interference brings limitations to certain extent
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Asiana Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. It can commit into partnership with numerous less costly airlines to enjoy their added benefits like landing slots, landing rights and brand name.
2. Rising population of Asia (middle class) will provide bigger market and greater opportunities for low cost Asiana Air lines.
3. More visibility through sponsorship and advertising
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Asiana Airlines are as mentioned:
1. There is a user’s perception that Asiana air lines compromise on service for keeping their costs low
2. Many FSCs have modified their entire operations structure to minimize air fare and these can be a huge competition
3. Rising Fuel and labor costs make it difficult to provide quality service at low cost
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the Asiana Airlines SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
About Asiana Airlines
|Asiana Airlines Overview|
Kumho Asiana Group
To the heart of Seoul and beyond
Founded in 1988 and yet have received many awards for its excellent service
|Asiana Airlines STP|
Price sensitive travellers
Price conscious travelers from upper middle class
Low Cost Carrier
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Asiana Airlines. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us