Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Kenya Airways analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Kenya Airways SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Kenya Airways to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Kenya Airways is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The article below lists the Kenya Airways SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Kenya Airways SWOT Analysis:
For Kenya Airways, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Kenya Airways Strengths
The strengths of Kenya Airways looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Kenya Airways :
1. KLM which owns part of KQ brings in key management experience which is necessary to steer a company in the tough Airline Industry 2. Head office is strategically placed in Nairobi; a hub which allows easy connection to Central, West, and Southern Africa. 3. Serves the highest number of destinations within Africa. It flies to 46 African cities. 4. Good presence in the region it operates
Kenya Airways Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Kenya Airways SWOT Analysis:
1. Frequent labour disputes is a concern
2. Government influence due to significant shareholding 3. Unstable financial position of the company causes an issue
Kenya Airways Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Kenya Airways SWOT Analysis:
1. Increase in trade within the African continent necessitating more air travel 2. Increasing disposable income of the people of Africa 3. Increasing fleet size(current 38) and starting new routes
Kenya Airways Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Kenya Airways are as mentioned:
1. Improvement in road and railway infrastructure could lead to a reduction in demand for air transport 2. Increasing cost of aviation fuel 3. The lucrative African aviation market is attracting strong global players thus challenging its strong position in the domestic market
Kenya Airways Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Kenya Airways:
Investment of KLM, a strong global player in the aviation industry
Kenya Airways STP
Businessmen, Traders, individuals seeking air travel
Middle class / upper middle class
Customer Satisfaction guaranteed
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Kenya Airways. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute