Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Turkish Airlines analyses the brand/company with its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Turkish Airlines SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Turkish Airlines to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors and industry. Turkish Airlines is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The table below lists the SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Turkish Airlines competitors and includes Turkish Airlines target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Turkish Airlines focuses on speed, punctuality without compromising quality of service
Turkish Airlines STP
Turkish Airlines Segmentation
Corporate Business / Leisure travelers looking for comfort of flying
Turkish Airlines Target Market
Upper middle class
Turkish Airlines Positioning
Turkish Airlines is a global airline serving customers world wide
Turkish Airlines SWOT Analysis
Turkish Airlines Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Turkish Airlines:
1. Turkish Airlines has a substantial cost advantage over rivals 2. Benefiting from liberalisation policies 3. Turkish Airlines serves around 250 destinations all over the world 4. Innovative marketing strategies giving an edge over competitors
5. Association with sports teams and events as sponsors has increased brand equity of Turkish Airlines
6. Strong backing of the government of Turkey, as it is the flagship carrier
7. Turkish Airlines has more than 25000+ employees serving customers worldwide
8. In flight entertainment, premium services, lounge facilities etc give boost to the brand
9. Turkish Airlines has a location advantage where it can serve Europe & Asia equally well
Turkish Airlines Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Turkish Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense competition means limited market share growth for Turkish Airlines 2. Restrictions on expansion due to government intervention
Turkish Airlines Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Turkish Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. Increasing disposable income among people in Europe and Asia to travel 2. Rising market share of Turkish Airlines can be used to create a strong brand image 3. Leverage the flourishing tourism in Turkey
Turkish Airlines Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Turkish Airlines are as mentioned:
1. Increasing presence of low cost carriers can affect business of Turkish Airlines
2. Economic downturn can result in decline of air travel – particularly for business traffic
3. Rising fuel prices, labor costs etc can affect business margins
Turkish Airlines Competition
Below are the top 13 Turkish Airlines competitors:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Turkish Airlines. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2800 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the Brand or Add a New One : Contribute to BrandGuide