Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Turkish Airlines analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Turkish Airlines SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Turkish Airlines to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Turkish Airlines is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The article below lists the Turkish Airlines SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Turkish Airlines SWOT Analysis:
For Turkish Airlines, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Turkish Airlines Strengths
The strengths of Turkish Airlines looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Turkish Airlines :
1. Turkish Airlines has a substantial cost advantage over rivals 2. Benefiting from liberalisation policies 3. Turkish Airlines serves around 250 destinations all over the world 4. Innovative marketing strategies giving an edge over competitors
5. Association with sports teams and events as sponsors has increased brand equity of Turkish Airlines
6. Strong backing of the government of Turkey, as it is the flagship carrier
7. Turkish Airlines has more than 25000+ employees serving customers worldwide
8. In flight entertainment, premium services, lounge facilities etc give boost to the brand
9. Turkish Airlines has a location advantage where it can serve Europe & Asia equally well
Turkish Airlines Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Turkish Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense competition means limited market share growth for Turkish Airlines 2. Restrictions on expansion due to government intervention
Turkish Airlines Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Turkish Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. Increasing disposable income among people in Europe and Asia to travel 2. Rising market share of Turkish Airlines can be used to create a strong brand image 3. Leverage the flourishing tourism in Turkey
Turkish Airlines Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Turkish Airlines are as mentioned:
1. Increasing presence of low cost carriers can affect business of Turkish Airlines
2. Economic downturn can result in decline of air travel – particularly for business traffic
3. Rising fuel prices, labor costs etc can affect business margins
Turkish Airlines Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 13 competitors of Turkish Airlines:
Turkish Airlines focuses on speed, punctuality without compromising quality of service
Turkish Airlines STP
Corporate Business / Leisure travelers looking for comfort of flying
Upper middle class
Turkish Airlines is a global airline serving customers world wide
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Turkish Airlines. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute