Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of EasyJet analyses the brand/company with its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In EasyJet SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like EasyJet to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors and industry. EasyJet is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The table below lists the SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top EasyJet competitors and includes EasyJet target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of EasyJet:
1. The brand name easyJet is very easy to remember and hence brand recall is higher 2. It flies to main destinations throughout Europe making it a very attractive choice for flying 3.Single model of aircraft reducing training, maintenance and supervisory costs
4. First among the LCCs to introduce e-tailing, thus eliminating intermediaries and distribution costs
5. EasyJet academy ensures a steady supply of pilots and cabin crew
Here are the weaknesses in the EasyJet SWOT Analysis:
1. Missing out on the advantage of having a frequent flier program
2. Highly sensitive to any additional taxes or charges imposed by government due to its lower operating margins 3. Dependence on only two suppliers could be risky if the supplier faces any operational problems
Following are the Opportunities in EasyJet SWOT Analysis:
1. EasyJet academy can be a source of ancillary income 2. Leverage on easyJet hotels and easyJet holidays to increase brand awareness and attract customers 3. New fleet can be leased out during travel recession seasons
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of EasyJet are as mentioned:
1. Govt policies and strict aviation regulations
2. High bargaining power of customers in the LCC segment 3. Major players entering the LCC segment
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to EasyJet. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2800 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute