Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of EasyJet analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In EasyJet SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like EasyJet to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. EasyJet is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The article below lists the EasyJet SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the EasyJet SWOT Analysis:
For EasyJet, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of EasyJet looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of EasyJet :
1. The brand name easyJet is very easy to remember and hence brand recall is higher 2. It flies to main destinations throughout Europe making it a very attractive choice for flying 3.Single model of aircraft reducing training, maintenance and supervisory costs
4. First among the LCCs to introduce e-tailing, thus eliminating intermediaries and distribution costs
5. EasyJet academy ensures a steady supply of pilots and cabin crew
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the EasyJet SWOT Analysis:
1. Missing out on the advantage of having a frequent flier program
2. Highly sensitive to any additional taxes or charges imposed by government due to its lower operating margins 3. Dependence on only two suppliers could be risky if the supplier faces any operational problems
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in EasyJet SWOT Analysis:
1. EasyJet academy can be a source of ancillary income 2. Leverage on easyJet hotels and easyJet holidays to increase brand awareness and attract customers 3. New fleet can be leased out during travel recession seasons
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of EasyJet are as mentioned:
1. Govt policies and strict aviation regulations
2. High bargaining power of customers in the LCC segment 3. Major players entering the LCC segment
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of EasyJet:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to EasyJet. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute