Malaysia Airlines SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Malaysia Airlines, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Malaysia Airlines to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Malaysia Airlines is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The article below lists the Malaysia Airlines SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Malaysia Airlines SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Malaysia Airlines, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Malaysia Airlines looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Malaysia Airlines :
1. Strong Backing of Malaysian govt makes Malaysia Airlines a strong brand
2. Malaysia Airlines has extensive operations in South Asia, Middle East, Australia and other global destinations
3. One of the most popular airlines across the world
4. Strong brand recall and visibility of Malaysia Airlines due to excellent advertising and marketing
5. The company has a strong workforce of over 14,000 employees
6. Malaysia Airlines covers over 50 international and 35 domestic destinations with a fleet size of over 100
7. Excellent customer service and in-flight entertainment services offered by the airline
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Malaysia Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited domestic traffic of the airline
2. Malaysia Airlines has intense competition which means limited market share
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Malaysia Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. Increasing global presence of Malaysia Airlines by tie-ups and partnerships
2. More routes internationally to popular destinations can increase business
3. More services and choices to customers at airport facilities
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Malaysia Airlines are as mentioned:
1. Rising fuel costs can reduce margins of Malaysia Airlines
2. Changing govt policies and regulations of regulatory bodies
2. Increasing competition in South East Asian market
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 13 competitors of Malaysia Airlines:
1. Air India
6. Qantas Airways
10. Air France
11. Virgin Atlantic
12. United Airlines
13. Jet Airways
Hence this concludes the Malaysia Airlines SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Malaysia Airlines Overview|
Khazanah Nasional Berhad, Malaysia Aviation Group
"MH" is Malaysian Hospitality
Malaysia Airlines is a Malaysia based airline serving global destinations
|Malaysia Airlines STP|
Passengers Preferring Comfort / reliability
Corporates / Upper Middle Class / Middle Class
Malaysia Airlines is the national carrier of Malaysia, offering the best way to fly to, from and around Malaysia
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Malaysia Airlines. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us