Virgin Atlantic SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Virgin Atlantic, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Virgin Atlantic to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Virgin Atlantic is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The article below lists the Virgin Atlantic SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Virgin Atlantic SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Virgin Atlantic, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Virgin Atlantic looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Virgin Atlantic :
1. Virgin Atlantic has got a strong foundation and has efficient services
2. Virgin Atlantic has a satisfied customer base and preferred airline of affluent customers
3. Carried over 5 million passengers in a year
4. Virgin Atlantic is one of the largest British Airlines with over 35 destinations
5. Excellent advertising and innovative branding by Richard Branson
6. High brand recall as a leading premium airline
7. More than 8000 people are employed with the airline
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Virgin Atlantic SWOT Analysis:
1. Severe competition means limited market share growth for Virgin Atlantic
2. Limited global presence specially in the emerging economies
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Virgin Atlantic SWOT Analysis:
1. The Heathrow Terminal is a major hub across the world and it has a major presence here
2. Leverage its strong brand presence to penetrate globally
3. Virgin Atlantic can increase its international routes and destinations
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Virgin Atlantic are as mentioned:
1. Rising fuel costs and changing aviation regulations
2. Rising labour costs can affect margins for Virgin Atlantic
3. Increasing competition in the European market
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 13 competitors of Virgin Atlantic:
1. Air India
6. Qantas Airways
10. Air France
12. United Airlines
Hence this concludes the Virgin Atlantic SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Virgin Atlantic Overview|
Your Airline's Either Got It, Or It Hasn't
Premium Airline, Upper Middle Class, Middle Class
|Virgin Atlantic STP|
Passengers Preferring Comfort / reliability
Corporates / Upper Middle Class / Middle Class
Virgin Atlantic is a premium airlines which concentrates on customer experience and hospitality
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Virgin Atlantic. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us