Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: March 02, 2022
SWOT analysis of Qantas analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Qantas SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Qantas to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Qantas is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The article below lists the Qantas SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Qantas SWOT Analysis:
For Qantas, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Qantas looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Qantas :
1. Qantas Airways has a strong international and domestic presence based out of Australia
2. Backing by the government of Australia gives it a strong business presence
3. Qantas Airways is one of the top and largest airlines operating in Australia
4. It has been one of the oldest airline operators in the world
5. Qantas Airways has nearly 80 international as well as domestic destinations
6. Good brand building exercises through advertising and sponsorship
7. Qantas Airways has more than 30,000 employees
8. It offers great services like lounge, frequent flyer programs etc. for loyal Qantas Airways customers
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Qantas SWOT Analysis:
1. Issues like price fixing, incidents etc. have hurt the image in the past
2. Limited international presence of Qantas Airways compared to other leading global airline companies
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Qantas SWOT Analysis:
1. Opportunity for Qantas Airways to become a leader in Australasia and Asian continent
2. More international destinations specially in Asia
3. Tie-ups with international airlines for a combined service offering to customers
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Qantas are as mentioned:
1. Increasing fuel prices, global pandemic, fluctuating currencies etc. affects operations of Qantas
2. Rising labor prices can affect business operations
3. Increasing presence of other international airlines can affect business of Qantas Airways
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 13 competitors of Qantas:
Qantas Airways is the leading Australian flagship carrier serving global destinations
Passengers Preferring Comfort / reliability
Corporates / Upper Middle Class / Middle Class
Qantas Airways is a premium international airlines showcasing the Australian hospitality
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Qantas. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute