Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 27, 2020
SWOT analysis of Exide analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Exide SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Exide to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Exide is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the Exide SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Exide SWOT Analysis:
For Exide, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Exide looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Exide :
1. Only battery brand to provide lifetime warranty. 2. Free service at any Exide center. 3. Offers batteries for every kind of vehicle on Indian roads. 4. Huge dealer network even in rural areas.
5. Acquisition of smaller firms has strengthened its presence
6. Advertising and marketing on TVCs, print etc makes it a high recall brand in India
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Exide SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense competition means limited market share
2. The brand does not have a very strong import market as compared to global brands
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Exide SWOT Analysis:
1. Boom in automobile sales in all segments. 2. Customers want better services.
3. Price sensitive customers are increasing.
4. Expansion into new territories and global exapnsion
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Exide are as mentioned:
1. Amaron offers higher performance and is eating into market share.
2. Growing perception of Amaron as the better battery brand.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of Exide:
1. Amaron 2. Okaya 3. AC Delco 4. SF Sonic 5. Local Battery Manufacturers
Vehicle owners wanting reliable batteries with a superior service
Batteries built to be rugged and reliable with lifetime warranties.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Exide. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute