Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 27, 2020
SWOT analysis of Delphi Automotive analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Delphi Automotive SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Delphi Automotive to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Delphi Automotive is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the Delphi Automotive SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Delphi Automotive competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
One of the largest automotive parts manufacturing company in the world
Delphi Automotive STP
Automotive companies of the world
Top automotive brands
Future ready, technologically advanced company
SWOT Analysis of Delphi Automotive
For Delphi Automotive, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Delphi Automotive SWOT Analysis:
Delphi Automotive Strengths
The strengths of Delphi Automotive looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Delphi Automotive :
1. Have a comprehensive portfolio of electrification solutions to help meet the stringent new emission norms
2. Pioneered vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) and vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2I) technologies
3. Strong revenue, 120+ manufacturing sites present in more than 30 countries, 99.9998 % quality level of output
4. Delphi products were found in one of the best selling models in US, Europe and China
5. Have won multiple awards which shows its credibility
6. CSR initiatives like Fundo Unido, Purple Line wastewater recycling initiative, Sponsoring “First” high school science competitions etc.
7. Over 150,000 people are employed with the organization
Delphi Automotive Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Delphi Automotive SWOT Analysis:
1. University of Massachusetts Amherst ranked Delphi as one of the largest producer of air pollution in recent years 2.Involved in various legal proceedings and claims
Delphi Automotive Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Delphi Automotive SWOT Analysis:
1. Tremendous growth potential in South America as only few of sales happen here 2. Driven by technology, Delphi is on the forefront of future technology 3. Acquisition of smaller companies can strengthen its position
Delphi Automotive Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Delphi Automotive are as mentioned:
1.Raw materials being supplied from throughout the world, which makes it fragile if there is some disruption in supply 2.Have to face currency exchange risk, commodity price risk, interest rate risk etc.
Delphi Automotive Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Delphi Automotive:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Delphi Automotive. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute