Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 27, 2020
SWOT analysis of GKN analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In GKN SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like GKN to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. GKN is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the GKN SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the GKN SWOT Analysis:
For GKN, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of GKN looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of GKN :
1. Distribution Network and sales Network is strong
2. Over 50,000 people are employed with the company
3. Experienced Professionals in the following fields: GKN Driveline, GKN Aerospace, GKN Land Systems, GKN Powder Metallurgy
4. Robust financial position of the company
5. The company has a strong legacy since its inception in 1759
6. It is on the London Stock Exchange and part of FTSE 100 Index.
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the GKN SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense Competition means limited market share growth
2. The company has to invest a lot means lesser margins
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in GKN SWOT Analysis:
1. Growing Demand 2. Global Market can be tapped 3. New Acquisitions of smaller companies can strengthen its position
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of GKN are as mentioned:
1. Fluctuating economic scenario can increase costs 2. Unfavorable market conditions 3.Restrictive govt and global policies
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 2 competitors of GKN:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to GKN. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute