Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 27, 2020
SWOT analysis of Daihatsu analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Daihatsu SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Daihatsu to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Daihatsu is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the Daihatsu SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Daihatsu SWOT Analysis:
For Daihatsu, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Daihatsu looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Daihatsu :
1. Oldest Japanese Manufacturer of automobiles esp. small cars & off road cars 2. Employs around 12000 employees internationally 3. Revenue performance is good and stable financial position 4. Strong brand backing of Toyota group
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Daihatsu SWOT Analysis:
1. Toyota as a brand has more brand value & acceptance than Daihatsu 2.Falling sales due to which it had to with draw from markets like the Australia, Chile, and so on 3.Limited brand recall
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Daihatsu SWOT Analysis:
1. It can further expand its Product line 2.Since it is the oldest Japanese manufacturer can focus purely on classic design cars
3. More brand presence in emerging economies
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Daihatsu are as mentioned:
1. Possibility of it being withdrawn completely as the brand is not doing well as compared to Toyota 2.Korean Brands have an edge over it esp in emerging markets 3. Entry of electric & hybrid vehicles in which Daihatsu is not a strong brand
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of Daihatsu:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Daihatsu. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute