Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 27, 2020
SWOT analysis of Daihatsu analyses the brand/company with its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Daihatsu SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Daihatsu to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors and industry. Daihatsu is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The table below lists the SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Daihatsu competitors and includes Daihatsu target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Daihatsu:
1. Oldest Japanese Manufacturer of automobiles esp. small cars & off road cars 2. Employs around 12000 employees internationally 3. Revenue performance is good and stable financial position 4. Strong brand backing of Toyota group
Here are the weaknesses in the Daihatsu SWOT Analysis:
1. Toyota as a brand has more brand value & acceptance than Daihatsu 2.Falling sales due to which it had to with draw from markets like the Australia, Chile, and so on 3.Limited brand recall
Following are the Opportunities in Daihatsu SWOT Analysis:
1. It can further expand its Product line 2.Since it is the oldest Japanese manufacturer can focus purely on classic design cars
3. More brand presence in emerging economies
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Daihatsu are as mentioned:
1. Possibility of it being withdrawn completely as the brand is not doing well as compared to Toyota 2.Korean Brands have an edge over it esp in emerging markets 3. Entry of electric & hybrid vehicles in which Daihatsu is not a strong brand
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Daihatsu. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2800 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute