Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 27, 2020
SWOT analysis of Proton Cars analyses the brand/company with its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Proton Cars SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Proton Cars to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors and industry. Proton Cars is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The table below lists the SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Proton Cars competitors and includes Proton Cars target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Proton Cars:
1. Proton is a Malaysian national automobile manufacturer. 2. Proton Holdings Berhad is the holding company which is listed on the Bursa Malaysia. 3. 14,000+ Proton cars were exported annually to other countries 4. Proton exports cars to the United Kingdom, South Africa, and Australia and the company is aggressively marketing its cars in several other countries including the Middle East. 5. Proton cars has also been exporting a small volume of cars to other countries like Singapore, Brunei, Indonesia, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Taiwan, Cyprus, Mauritius
Proton Cars Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Proton Cars SWOT Analysis:
1. It lacks variety in its product portfolio 2. Brand recall and market share is quite less as compared to global leaders
Proton Cars Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Proton Cars SWOT Analysis:
1. Acquisitions of strategic brands 2.Emerging markets and expansion abroad 3.Increasing demand for hybrid electric vehicles
4. There is opportunity to benefit from over 100 patents held through subsidiaries
5. It can get into hybrid vehicles, as they have already made investments in the technology
Proton Cars Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Proton Cars are as mentioned:
1. Low cost substitutes being marketed by Chinese manufacturers 2.The macro-economic situations are leading to lower sales for all automobile manufacturers 3.Since it was previously a govt. owned company it still suffers from bureaucratic issues
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Proton Cars. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2800 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute