Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Capitec Bank analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Capitec Bank SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Capitec Bank to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Capitec Bank is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The table below lists the Capitec Bank SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Capitec Bank competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
One of the leading banks of South Africa which provides a diverse range of financial products and services to its customers
Capitec Bank STP
Banking & Financial Services
Individuals, firms and large investors
A commercial bank which offers wide range of financial products and services to its customers
SWOT Analysis of Capitec Bank
Capitec Bank Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Capitec Bank:
1. Licensed by Reserve Bank of South Africa -> instills confidence to its customers 2. Has a diversified product portfolio to offer to its customers 3. Over 3.5+ million customers and 500 branches 4. Has recently touched the top five banks list in South Africa
5. Over 7000+ employees in the organization
6. The products include Loans, Checking, Savings, Investments, Debit Cards
Capitec Bank Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Capitec Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Has limited coverage of corporate banking products 2. Mostly confined to South Africa
Capitec Bank Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Capitec Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Can form strategic alliance or acquire other banks to capture more market & increase its asset base 2. Can diversify into corporate Banking domain 3. Can expand to other geographies
Capitec Bank Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Capitec Bank are as mentioned:
1. Highly dependent upon the macroeconomic conditions of the country 2. Ebola virus has affected the social development index of South Africa-> affecting the bank’s profitability and its operations 3. Market share might get compromised in future because of major players in the market
Capitec Bank Competition
Capitec Bank Competitors
Below are the top 8 competitors of Capitec Bank:
1. Standard Bank Group 2. Absa Group 3. FirstRand Bank Group
4. Nedbank Group
5. Investec Group
6. Bidwest Bank Ltd.
7. Imperial Bank
8. Sasfin Bank Ltd.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Capitec Bank. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute