PayPal SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of PayPal, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
PayPal is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector. The article below lists the PayPal SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of PayPal looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of PayPal :
1. Highly secured online Infrastructure
2. Available in 24 currencies worldwide
3. Spread over 190 markets all over the world
4. More than 153 million online accounts
5. PayPal presents anti-phishing advice on their website for identifying and reporting phishing.
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the PayPal SWOT Analysis:
1. High exposure to risk and frauds
2. Paypal has faced controversies regarding payment transactions
3. Not to popular in emerging economies where people are conservative for online payments
4. Local restrictions in countries like China, Japan, Taiwan, Brazil, India
Read more about PayPal
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in PayPal SWOT Analysis:
1. Cashless economies
2. Digital currency
3. Upcoming ecommerce markets
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of PayPal are as mentioned:
1. Stringent economic policies world over
2. Highly competitive environment
3. Hacking and fraud threats
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the PayPal SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Online payment Company, Ecommerce Finance
The safer way to pay online
Largest market Share
Online Payment processing
Online consumers looking for financial solutions
Ecommerce and financial solutions
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to PayPal. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us