MoneyGram SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of MoneyGram, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like MoneyGram to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. MoneyGram is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The article below lists the MoneyGram SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the MoneyGram SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For MoneyGram, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of MoneyGram looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of MoneyGram :
1. One of the largest provider of money transfers in the world
2. Operates in more than 200 countries with a global network of about 3,50,000 agent offices
3. In addition to financial services provided through third-party agents, MoneyGram owns and operates retail locations
4. Geographically Diverse Businesses provide shield from external uncertainties
5. Offers convenient services to consumers around the world through mobile and online channels
6. Many decades of rich industry experience
7. Global Expansion of Money Transfers
8. High growth rate, High profitability and revenue
9. Existing distribution and sales networks
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the MoneyGram SWOT Analysis:
1. Strong competition means limited margins and slow market share growth
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in MoneyGram SWOT Analysis:
1. Money-transfer kiosk will provide billion dollars opportunity worldwide
2. Growing demand especially from developing economies
3. Growth rates and profitability
4. Increasing Globalization
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of MoneyGram are as mentioned:
1. Entry of new players like Walmart recently did
2. Presence of scams and frauds
3. Any incidents like scams deteriorates the stocks drastically
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of MoneyGram:
3. First Data Corporation
4. United States Postal Service
Hence this concludes the MoneyGram SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Moneygram International, Inc.
Global money transfer services
Bringing you closer
Globally recognized and trusted brand offering innovative, reliable, and convenient money transfer services
Everyone who is in the need of transferring money
Working professionals, HNIs, Businessmen, Upper middle class community
To bring loved ones closer
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to MoneyGram. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us