Sun Life Financial SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Sun Life Financial analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Sun Life Financial SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Sun Life Financial to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Sun Life Financial is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The table below lists the Sun Life Financial SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Sun Life Financial competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Sun Life Financial SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning, USP & Brand Analysis Table
committed to the highest standards of business ethics and good governance
SWOT Analysis of Sun Life Financial
Sun Life Financial Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Sun Life Financial:
1. Sun Life ranks on the Forbes Global 2000 list and also Fortune 500 list
2. Sun Life Financial has a strong presence in investment management with strong assets under management operating in a number of countries
3. It has expertise in life insurance, asset management and pension
4. The company’s strong and increasing capital strength has made it resilient to the market developments with a strong balance sheet
5. Strong legacy since 1865
6. International operations in more than 15 countries
Sun Life Financial Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Sun Life Financial SWOT Analysis:
1. The company is highly dependent on the American market for generating its profits 2. Weaker cost structure as compared to competitors
Sun Life Financial Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Sun Life Financial SWOT Analysis:
1. The ageing population in the American market poses a huge opportunity for the retirement market. 2. The company has been focusing on its core businesses in order to avoid any fluctuations in the financial markets affecting it. 3. The company finds great opportunity in the Chinese and Indian insurance market
Sun Life Financial Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Sun Life Financial are as mentioned:
1. There is an increase in strictness in the regulatory compliance and complexity in the US market leading to increase in costs. 2. The subprime crisis has resulted in a low policy interest rate environment. 3. There is going to be a likely increase in competition for capital for the company due to Solvency II adoption.
Sun Life Financial Competition
Sun Life Financial Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Sun Life Financial:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Sun Life Financial. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute