Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of GEICO analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In GEICO SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like GEICO to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. GEICO is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The article below lists the GEICO SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the GEICO SWOT Analysis:
For GEICO, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of GEICO looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of GEICO :
1. One of the fastest-growing auto insurers in the U.S, currently second-largest private passenger auto insurer in US 2. Employs over 30,000 associates, provides twenty four-seven, 365 days a year 3. Enjoy high ratings from top agencies for financial strength and claims-paying ability 4. Popular advertising campaigns, large number of advertisements intended to amuse viewers
5. Coverage for over 22 million motor vehicles owned by more than 13 million policy holders
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the GEICO SWOT Analysis:
1. Direct to customer sales model causes operational constraints 2. Since 2013 dip in insurance penetration i.e. insurance premiums as a percentage of GDP 3. Intense competition in the auto insurance segment 4. Low interest rate scenario in the US hurts the profitability of insurers in the US
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in GEICO SWOT Analysis:
1. Involvement in motorsport sponsorships leading to enhanced brand awareness 2. Competitive prices in future 3. Full-fledged expansion into rideshare coverage
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of GEICO are as mentioned:
1. Highly competitive market 2. Lack of people opting for Insurance 3. Awareness among customers is increasing with more access to information
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of GEICO:
1. Amica Mutual Insurance 2. Liberty Mutual Insurance 3. 21st Century Insurance
Private passenger auto insurer with personalized attention to customers
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to GEICO. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute