Royal Bank of Canada SWOT Analysis, Competitors, STP & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Royal Bank of Canada analyses the brand/company with its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Royal Bank of Canada SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Royal Bank of Canada to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors and industry. Royal Bank of Canada is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The table below lists the SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Royal Bank of Canada competitors and includes Royal Bank of Canada target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Royal Bank of Canada SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning, USP & Brand Analysis Table
Strive to have a positive economic, environmental and social impact and to provide responsible leadership.
Royal Bank of Canada STP
Royal Bank of Canada Segmentation
Institutional investors, Individual investors and enterprises
Royal Bank of Canada Target Market
Institutional investors, Individual investors and enterprises looking for retail banking or financial services.
Royal Bank of Canada Positioning
Pioneer in banking, insurance, capital markets, investing and wealth management activities.
Royal Bank of Canada SWOT Analysis
Royal Bank of Canada Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Royal Bank of Canada:
1. The bank serves seventeen million clients and has 80,100 employees worldwide. 2. Strong reputation:listed as the largest Canadian company by revenue and market capitalization by The Globe and Mail[ 3. Spread across the globe:operations in Canada, the United States, and 51 other countries. 4. Diverse workforce: employs around 68,480 people.
5. Strong financials reflected in the financial statements.
Royal Bank of Canada Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Royal Bank of Canada SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited global popularity as compared to a few other banks as it is operations are mainly in Canada and US 2. Depended on volatile financial market. 3. RBC has been had issues and controversies (such as discrimination issue in US, financing of oil sand bitumen extraction, Ottawa branch firebombing, etc).
Royal Bank of Canada Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Royal Bank of Canada SWOT Analysis:
1. Geographical expansion through mergers, acquisitions and partnerships. 2. Increase in offerings to cater larger base of customer.
3. Setting up operations in south-east Asia to leverage on the growing economies
Royal Bank of Canada Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Royal Bank of Canada are as mentioned:
1.Vancouver area's housing market is vulnerable to a bust. 2. Impacted by regulatory and legal changes across the nation. 3. Facing intensive competition.
Royal Bank of Canada Competition
Below are the top 7 Royal Bank of Canada competitors:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Royal Bank of Canada. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2800 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute