Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Axis Bank analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Axis Bank SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Axis Bank to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Axis Bank is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The article below lists the Axis Bank SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Axis Bank SWOT Analysis:
For Axis Bank, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Axis Bank Strengths
The strengths of Axis Bank looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Axis Bank :
1. Axis Bank has a good image among urban population 2. Axis Bank is registering a good growth in the Indian banking sector 3. A huge portfolio of product and services offered by the Bank 4. Decent penetration in the rural areas have boosted the business 5. One of the largest private sector financer in India for Agriculture loans wiz Retail Agri & Corporate Agri
6. Excellent online services offered by Axis Bank like netbanking, mobile apps etc
7. Good advertising and brand exercise has helped the brand grow
Axis Bank Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Axis Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Lesser no. of branches compared to its competitors 2. Axis Bank has limited market share owing to immense competition in the banking segment
Axis Bank Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Axis Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Expansion in rural areas can help Axis Bank grow 2. Going to foreign markets and exploring the new economies
3. Axis Bank can tap the online growth in the Indian banking sector by promoting their apps
Axis Bank Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Axis Bank are as mentioned:
1. New banking licenses issued by the Reserve Bank Of India 2. Foreign banks entering in India can reduce presence of Axis Bank 3. Competitor banks increasing their activities in India
Axis Bank Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Axis Bank:
Axis Bank is one of the largest private sector financer in Indian agriculture
Axis Bank STP
People and Enterprises in need of banking and financial services
People from middle income group, HNIs, Corporates
Axis Bank: A bank that is with you when you are in need
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Axis Bank. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute