Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of IDBI Bank analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In IDBI Bank SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like IDBI Bank to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. IDBI Bank is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The article below lists the IDBI Bank SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the IDBI Bank SWOT Analysis:
For IDBI Bank, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
IDBI Bank Strengths
The strengths of IDBI Bank looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of IDBI Bank :
1. Industrial banking expertise for businesses provided by IDBI bank 2. IDBI has state of art IT support and technological innovations 3. Customised banking solutions for individual as we as corporate clients 4. Has a strong employee base of over 15,000
5. IDBI bank has a strong legacy since its inception in 1964
6. The bank has 3000+ ATMs and 1800+ branches include international presence in Dubai
7. IDBI has the backing of the government of India, which is a huge boon
8. Good brand presence due to marketing & awards for technology & risk management
IDBI Bank Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the IDBI Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Strong competition from other bigger private sector and public sector banks means limited market share for IDBI
2. Limited number of branches and ATM’s compared to big banks
IDBI Bank Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in IDBI Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Personal banking and improved customer service 2. Favourable Government schemes can boost IDBI bank's business
3. Adoption of technology can be beneficial for the bank
IDBI Bank Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of IDBI Bank are as mentioned:
1. Economic crisis and recessions can affect IDBI's operations 2. Highly competitive environment due to Indian and foreign banks 3. Complex financial products by foreign banks can reduce the market share of IDBI bank
IDBI Bank Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 7 competitors of IDBI Bank:
IDBI bank is a focused development financial institution
IDBI Bank STP
Commercial banking sector in India
IDBI offers complete banking solutions to everyone
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to IDBI Bank. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute