Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Swiss Re analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Swiss Re SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Swiss Re to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Swiss Re is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The article below lists the Swiss Re SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Swiss Re SWOT Analysis:
For Swiss Re, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Swiss Re Strengths
The strengths of Swiss Re looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Swiss Re :
1. Swiss Re is one of the world’s largest reinsurance players with operations across the globe
2. The company has an experience of over 150 years.
3. Business and geographic diversification is helping the company reduce its risk with business spread across life, non-life reinsurance and insurance linked securities and present in all continents.
4. Over 11,000 employees form a strong workforce for the company
5. The company has presence in over 25 countries
Swiss Re Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Swiss Re SWOT Analysis:
1. The group has been showing a weak trend in its life and health operations with a decline in revenues and operating income.
2. The group has been witnessing erosion in the investment income which is likely to affect the group financially.
Swiss Re Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Swiss Re SWOT Analysis:
1. The capital strength of the company poses opportunities for expanding business through both inorganic and organic means.
2. There are great opportunities in the insurance linked markets that the company can leverage on.
3. The global reinsurance market is on the path of recovery and poses a great opportunity for the company.
Swiss Re Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Swiss Re are as mentioned:
1. The increase in the consolidation in the reinsurance industry can increase the strength of competition and poses as a threat.
2. There is likely to be increase in competition for capital due to Solvency II adoption.
3.Increase in the incidence of catastrophic events and natural disasters poses a threat to the insurance industry.
Swiss Re Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Swiss Re:
Delivers standard to tailor made insurance solutions to all lines of businesses leveraging on its capital strength, innovation power and expertise
Swiss Re STP
Reinsurance, Corporate Solutions, Insurance
Insurance companies, Mid-to-Large-sized corporations and Public sector clients
Striving for sustainable development of all stakeholders and society, by being open, transparent, honest and respecting everybody inside and outside
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Swiss Re. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute