Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Emerson Electric analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Emerson Electric SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Emerson Electric to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Emerson Electric is one of the leading brands in the conglomerates sector.
The article below lists the Emerson Electric SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Emerson Electric competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Emerson is where technology and engineering come together to create solutions for the benefit of our customers
Emerson Electric STP
Process management, network power, industrial automation, climate technologies, and commercial and residential solutions
Process Industries, automation industries, Telecommunication companies, users of commercial and industrial refrigeration
Strong and trusted brand for technological advancement and cost effective solutions
SWOT Analysis of Emerson Electric
For Emerson Electric, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Emerson Electric SWOT Analysis:
Emerson Electric Strengths
The strengths of Emerson Electric looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Emerson Electric :
1. Diversified product portfolio and balanced revenue stream 2. Strong penetration in variety of product lines 3. Strong brand equity and brand name 4. Strong R&D portfolio with 9,000 of engineering and development personnel worldwide
5. Almost a monopoly in Field Instruments segments and Asset Management System
6. Strong engineering capabilities with established a reputation around the world for technology innovation and industry leadership
7. Operates through 235 manufacturing centers worldwide
Emerson Electric Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Emerson Electric SWOT Analysis:
1. Relatively High cost of R&D 2. Loss of revenue base due to rationalization of operations 3. High bargaining power of big customers
Emerson Electric Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Emerson Electric SWOT Analysis:
1. Increased focus on emerging markets 2. Expansion in Middle East and African regions 3. Growing process industries and lifecycle obsolescence in older plants
Emerson Electric Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Emerson Electric are as mentioned:
1. Volatility in end-markets with fluctuating exchange rate and raising local manufaturers 2. Intense competition in fields like industrial automation, network power 3. Political and economic risks associated with international production facilities
Emerson Electric Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 7 competitors of Emerson Electric:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Emerson Electric. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute