United Technology SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of United Technology analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In United Technology SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like United Technology to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. United Technology is one of the leading brands in the conglomerates sector.
The table below lists the United Technology SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top United Technology competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Reliable and efficient solutions over diverse fields
United Technology STP
Aerospace, Automation Industries, Control and Process Industries
Industrial and Domestic users of elevators and escalators, climate control industries (HVAC), Aircraft manufacturers and operators, military equipment manufacturers, users of life support system
Game-changing technologies and products that provide greater energy efficiency
SWOT Analysis of United Technology
United Technology Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of United Technology:
1. Strategically balanced portfolio of products and revenue streams 2. Robust research and development capabilities with a workforce exceeding 200,000 employees 3. Industry recognition and one of the largest conglomerates in the US
4. Efficient and reliable mergers and acquisition capabilities
5. Facilities in 70+ countries and presence in more than 180 countries
6. It has production facilities for defense equipment as well
United Technology Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the United Technology SWOT Analysis:
1. Heavy dependence on the US can be a concern 2. Considerable debt obligations affect financial growth
United Technology Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in United Technology SWOT Analysis:
1. Positive outlook for aerospace and defense sector 2. Strategic acquisitions 3. Surge in defense spending in emerging economies like China, India etc
4. Strong outlook for the global control systems market
5. Increasing demand for elevators and escalators in developing countries
United Technology Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of United Technology are as mentioned:
1. Strict govt policies and environmental regulation affect operations
2. Economic fluctuations and currency devaluations affect the financial performance as it is an international company
3. Heavy dependence on few suppliers
United Technology Competition
United Technology Competitors
Below are the top 5 competitors of United Technology:
1. CFM International
2. Honeywell International 3. Cobham plc
4. Rolls Royce
5. Lockheed Martin corporation
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to United Technology. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute