Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Smiths Group analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Smiths Group SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Smiths Group to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Smiths Group is one of the leading brands in the conglomerates sector.
The table below lists the Smiths Group SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Smiths Group competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Engineered products, Medicine, Sensor, Electronic and radio, Aerospace
Oil and gas, chemical, pharmaceutical, pulp and paper and mining industries, hospitals and laboratories, US Department of Defense, US Transportation Security Administration, and the UK Ministry of Defense, Industries using electronic and radio frequency devices
Global leader in the development, application and transformation of state-of-the-art technology into products and services that meet our customers’ evolving needs
SWOT Analysis of Smiths Group
Smiths Group Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Smiths Group:
1. Operates in North America, Europe and Asia with 23,000+ employees 2. Has its presence in over 180 countries
3. Diversified customer base across multiple sectors with no customer accounted for more than 3% of the group's total revenue 4. Diversified revenue stream – John Crane Smiths Medical; Smiths Detection; Smiths Interconnect; and Flex-Tek
5. Globally spread production bases with a listing on London Stock Exchange
Smiths Group Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Smiths Group SWOT Analysis:
1. Legal issues with claims and has had final judgments against it in many cases, resulting into approximately substantial payment 2. Geographic concentration of revenue – US accounting for nearly half of total revenue 3. Decreasing revenue from Japan
Smiths Group Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Smiths Group SWOT Analysis:
1. New contracts help in generating incremental revenues 2. Favorable outlook for Smiths Interconnect business 3. Expansion opportunities into process instruments
Smiths Group Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Smiths Group are as mentioned:
1. Challenging economic environment in the US and Europe 2. Intense competition 3. Extensive regulations
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Smiths Group. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute